Jun 13, 2010

Poem: A Moment in Damascus



We haven’t spoken in days
My answering machine is full
Of messages from You
*Beep*
I’m here for you if You need me
Just call me
You know the number
*Beep*
I know it all too well
I’ve dialed it so many times
In times of distress
Success
And now I digress
Because I’m a hot mess
Without You
The Alpha and Omega
Of my life
The reason I’m alive
And able to breathe
It’s not like time is of concern
I know just as well as You that
I ALWAYS have time for You
Father God
Excuses, excuses
Never lead to repentance
But to more excuses
That transform into ignorance
Ignoring the warning signs
Flashier than Kanye’s lights
At my strongest I feel
Weak
Sad
Worried
That perhaps I have crossed over to the
Place where grace and mercy
Have vacated the premises
And faced to live life
Alone in a valley of darkness
Absent of the guiding light
That lit my pathway
Bare is my heart
Empty is my soul
My spiritual tank is on E
And I need to be filled
By Your Spirit
Which is Holy
Pure and
Rejuvenating
So we’ll talk for awhile
Losing all notions of time
Because you dictate
The moments
The hours
The minutes
The seconds
And when it’s all said
And done
I will be made new
In Your eyes
And stand
To be a
God
Fearing
Man

Shalom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment