Dec 25, 2009

Looking back at 2009 (part 2)

So on my previous post, I highlighted some of the good things from 2009 but I want to talk about some of the bad things that I experienced:


Relationships: I know most people can relate to this but for me, 2009 wasn't such a great year for relationships (2008 and 2007 weren't so great either). I had a great relationship with someone but it ended up not working out because I didn't know what I wanted or was looking for. Because of that, I ended hurting someone that I cared for. 


Spiritual life: Although I found a new love for God this year, I wasn't faithful to Him. It was a year full of compromises and disobedience towards Him and am truly saddened by it. At one point, I stopped praying because I thought that He was through with me. Another time, I got angry and stopped trusting Him completely (it didn't last too long thank God). But I realized my ways and now working towards becoming a man of God. 


Death: I've been to quite a few funerals this year and it's never a pleasant experience. These passings were really unexpected and made me question my time on Earth. As young guys and girls, we tend to think that we are invincible; nothing can really happen to us. This year showed me how fragile and precious life is.


Here's a quote that sums up my feelings for this year:



What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new. Right now.”- Anonymous



I'll put up my resolutions for 2010 next week on another post. Until then....


Shalom folks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment