Dec 31, 2009

Resolutions time


As usual, I'm jamming some R&P (Rhythm & Praise which is a fancy way of saying christian R&B) and thinking about my plan of action for 2010. A lot of people seem to be making a big deal about it since it's the start of a new decade but to me, it's just another year to accomplish what I need to do. So here are my resolutions for 2010:


Improve my relationship with the Lord: Now it's not really a goal just for this year but an everyday thing. The only way to accomplish that is to spend time getting to know Him through the Word.


No more debts: This was on my list last year, and although I've made a lot of progress (goodbye student loan), there's still some unfinished business (hello credit card).


Write a book of poetry: Since the start of BRIHN, I've been writing a lot more personal poetry outside of the ministry. Some are faith-based, while others are just my thoughts expressed in a fancy manner. I've read quite a few poetry books from greats like Nikki Giovanni and Maya Angelou to the new generation like Dwayne Morgan, Future and Jill Scott (her book is simply off the chaiiiiiiiiiins!!!). I intend to write my own book and hopefully have it published someday but for now, I just want to finish my book.


God's purity by ANY means necessary: Malcolm X gave a speech before his death which mentioned the phrase ''By any means necessary''. He was dedicated to get his point across and accomplish his goal using that phrase so I decided to put a christian spin to it. I'm reaching God's level of purity anyway that I can. To do something like that requires a lot of maturity and a lot of prayer but that's my aim.


I kept my list pretty short because I want to bring a realistic approach to it (quality over quantity).
If I put too many then I might get discouraged and give up which is what I want to avoid. Hope you guys have your goals set and ready to make big things happen in the new year ahead. In the words of Oprah:


''Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right''


Shalom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment