Dec 21, 2009

Me, Myself and I


This is who I am.

I know, I know, it's a very simple statement but it's important to understand it because for those who know me well, I have a tendency to speak my mind in a very straight-up fashion. But in the words of Busta Rhymes: ''Don't just talk about it, BE about it!'', so I'm doing my part now. Being a christian, it's even more important that I not only talk about my faith, but live through it as well and become a living, breathing testimony of God's grace on my life, hence the title of my blog. That is why I am living my life as an open book for all to see. I know, some of you are asking yourselves: Why would he do such a CRAZY thing??? I'll let this quote from Joseph Barber Lightfoot speak for itself:

''There is no persuasiveness more effectual than the transparency of a single heart, of a sincere life.''


I've been at church sooooooooo many times and heard pastors speak on certain subjects, only to live a secret life because a) didn't want members knowing their dirt and b) they didn't want to lose their credibility. NEWSFLASH! It doesn't work that way. Proverbs 28:13 tells us that by hiding our transgressions, we won't prosper. But if we confess and forsake them, we will find compassion. By opening our hearts to people, it shows a great deal of courage and sincerity. Let's put it this way, if someone came up to you and told you not to do drugs who would you believe; the person who's never touched a pipe or Pookie from New Jack City? (if you don't know who that is, google his picture. Priceless!)


I'm just a guy striving for excellence in all aspects of my life and I find the best way to do it is to be open. This isn't a blog for the sake of blogging, but a look at my life, with all its imperfections. 


Shalom people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment