Apr 19, 2010

On my slam-poetry grind

I got some work to do before Saturday...

A friend of mine is organizing a fundraising event for Haiti this Saturday and has asked me to perform some spoken-word. I'm real excited for this event and looking forward to lace up a few words to the mic. I'm perfecting the pieces now and can honestly say that I'm satisfied with the outcome. For those in the area, you can click here for more details. It will also be the first time that I perform without my BRIHN family which is exciting and nerve-racking all at once. Hopefully, I'll be able to record the whole thing and post it up sometime next week. Before I go, I encourage all my christian hip-hop heads to check out Dwayne Tryumf's new album, 777(Mark of the Peace). I've had it on CONSTANT repeat for a bit now. Amazing lyrics, crazy UK beats and not to mention the greatest intro track I have EVER heard. As London would say: ''The man is speaking truff!!!''. Check this accapella version of his intro track:


Shalom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment