Dec 21, 2010

25 years on this earth and counting...



This post is kinda late but life has a way of interrupting me when I'm most determined to get something done. Last friday, I celebrated my 25th birthday. First off, I want to thank God for the opportunity to still be alive. Many people don't have a chance to live this long and I feel very fortunate to be here and doing well.

Now I'm not one to make a big deal on my birthday. I spend the day reflecting on my past year and see what I want to accomplish for the coming year (I guess you can call it birthday resolutions). But the more I think about it, the more I realize that in 5 years, I'll turn 30 and it's a scary thought. See, I've always said to myself that by 30, I would have to accomplish something big that would define me as an individual. In our youth, we are more zealous to accomplish things so I want to maximize my time because as you know, we can never get it back. So I've been working a lot harder towards my goals (and my fair share of procrastination). I have no desire to be that dude stuck in an office job in his 40s and reminiscing. No sir! Not me!

So to anyone who's thinking like me, let's go get it! And always remember to BE what you want to SEE

Shalom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment