Dec 21, 2010

Kids say the wisest things.....at times

I don't think there's one person out there who doesn't know who the Peanuts are. Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus, etc.... I grew up watching most of their specials, but the one that stands out the most for me is the Charlie Brown Christmas. In particular for this scene:


First off, I don't celebrate Christmas. The tree, decorations and gift exchange doesn't happen at my house. But this time of year is my favorite because people seem to be friendlier and I get to spent quality time with my family, which is always a blast. Second (and I hope not to offend anyone), Christ wasn't even born on December 25th. I'm not gonna get into a debate or elaborate discussion because the evidence is there if you do the research.  Now the reason I say all this, is because Linus brings up a good point. Christmas has become a big business and people are so caught up in the commercial aspect of it, that we completely forget the greatest gift of all, Jesus himself who happens to be on everyone's mind (although they think of him as the baby boy in manger, and not Mel Gisbon's version). What better time to share the Gospel then when people are gathered together to celebrate his birth. 

So to everyone celebrating the holidays, remember that had it not being for Christ, we would have nothing to celebrate.

Shalom :D

No comments:

Post a Comment