Dec 3, 2010

Meat-free life: 1 year later

Don't you do it Lisa!


I was talking with a co-worker of mine about my vegetarian lifestyle and how I've been able to hold on so far. And it hit me.....December 1st marks 1 year of dropping meat :)

(insert loud cheers)

People ask me all the time what made me switch to vegetarianism and the answer is quite simple: There is no reason. It was simply because I had a choice to do something different and I took it. I still remember the day before I made the switch. I was at a Jamaican restaurant and was eating a big plate of jerk chicken and rice (miss you guys) and thought to myself "Maybe I should try being vegetarian and see how long I can keep it up". So after devouring my plate, I told the chef of my new found dietary lifestyle and he kinda laughed a little saying "You sure 'bout that broda?" He was right, I wasn't really sure if I wanted to go in that particular direction, but I wanted to challenge myself. And so, that was my last contact with meat and I haven't looked back since. My diet has changed quite drastically. From veggie meat to soy milk, I've embraced the no-meat diet and even added some vegan elements to it (dropping milk and eggs along the way).

I'm thinking of taking on another challenge but I still don't know what it should be. No matter what my decision is, I know I have a good blueprint to follow.

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment