Jan 6, 2010

Confessions of a veggie eater



For those who don't know, I took the step and officially became part of the veggie community on December 1st 2009. Contrary to popular beliefs, there was no deep spiritual revelation commanding me to put my jerk chicken down (R.I.P. Jerk). I simply woke up one day and decided to try it out. So far, it's been a pretty easy journey filled with the occasional moments of I-needs-me-some-chicken. But recently, I had my family over at the crib and there were some haitian patties being passed around. I thought I'd play it cool but alas, it was inevitable. Just the smell of it had me in a relapse state reaching for the nearest piece of tofu I could find. I had no idea that meat could have played such a big part of my life. Now that I've stopped, I feel lighter on my feet and my stomach hasn't been beatboxing as much. For anybody thinking that this journey is a piece of cake, guess again. It takes dedication and commitment to follow through.

''Don't worry about temptation-as you grow older, it starts avoiding you'' - Unknown


I'm gonna keep on going strong and stay on the path. If all else fails, I always have veggie meat.

Shalom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment