Jan 26, 2010

Dreamers & Doers



Do you ever feel like you're meant for something bigger in life? Not necessarily a better position in your company, but using whatever gift you have and making a career out of it? Back in the day, I wanted to be a video game tester. I mean, think about it. You're paid to sit there and play video games all day! It sounded like a dream job to me but it was more of a hobby (Still playing PS3 though). Music and poetry are two things that have been burning inside me for as long as I can remember. It takes me to a zone where I can forget everything around me and focus on the words and/or melody being played through the speakers. I can see myself being that dude on stage speaking knowledge or singing my heart out. I think most people would be happier if they just followed their passion. So many times, I talk to friends, family, co-workers and they start talking about their dreams with so much passion, you start feeling it yourself. As soon as you ask why they didn't pursue it further, the flame is extinguished and all of a sudden, they're brought back down to reality. Most will say it is because of money or lack of motivation, all understandable reasons to settle for less. But I can't bring myself to that level. I can't see myself sitting at a desk job for my life while I could be pursuing what makes me so happy. So my goal now is to pursue the dream of being a full-time poet. It may seem sudden to some and I KNOW FOR A FACT that the haters will be there to try and bring me down to their level, but it's something that I've wanted to do for some time now and I'm not getting any younger. I share this with y'all fellow readers because it's important to be accountable to others. It puts that needed pressure on you to follow through on your objectives (Lord knows I need it from time to time). To cap things off, I want to make a toast to all my fellow dreamers:




"The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do." - Sarah Ban Breathnach


Shalom y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment