Feb 7, 2010

Black History Gala/Poetry Book

I wanna stay like this forever!

It' about 10:30 AM right now and I'm kinda tired after last night's festivities. Ottawa U organized a black history month gala and BRIHN had a chance to perform a poetry piece for Haiti. We got lots of love and positive feedback from the attendees, which is great because it was our first performance outside of a church setting. Even the Governor General Michaelle Jean was in attendance (she did a speech which blew me away). One thing I realized is how she really changed the way we look at the position of Governor General. She's using her platform to accomplish many many things in this world and I applaud her for that. For me, she's like Princess Diana and President Obama rolled up into one. Simply an amazing woman. Being a black history show, you KNOW they had some food and a big dance afterwards. Ya boy had to cut a rug and get his two-step on (kept it as christian as possible y'all so keep your stones). Overall, a great night celebrating black history.

A few posts ago, I spoke about my goal of becoming a full-time poet. I'm in the process of writing my first poetry book. It's a lot of hard work and writer's block seems to come up and show its ugly head, but so far, I'm getting closer to the finish line. With all that's being going lately (move, fundraisers and BRIHN), I haven't had a chance to write a whole lot. By next month, my life should be back to normal. Until next time folks....

Shalom :)

1 comment:

  1. cool cuz i think youre a great writer.
    B.R.I.H.N MTL chapter =D

    ReplyDelete