Feb 16, 2010

Life without God

Life is looking pretty good right now. B.R.I.H.N. is picking up some steam, I'm moving to a new city, and I've been writing like a man on death row these last few days. All good things. However, my relationship with God has been lacking. Not to say that I'm in the deep end of rebellion, but I know that I could be in a better place spiritually. Highs and lows of the spirtual journey. We all go through it. The Bible is full of examples of men faced in a similar situation (David, Samson, Peter to name a few). The reason I say this is because all I seem to think about is Solomon's words in Ecclesiastes 1. Here's a man who had the hip-hop dream come to life (Money, power and women......so many women) but that wasn't enough for him. God was missing in his life and because of that, he felt miserable. I can relate to Solomon in the sense that when God is missing in your life, there's a sense of emptiness. It's like Kool-Aid without the sugar, not that sweet. Bob Marley sumed it up best when he said:

"Man can't do without God. Just like you're thirsty, you have to drink water. You just can't go without God."

So for anybody that feels like you're missing something in your life, turn to God for guidance. He's there waiting to bless you abundantly. He's just a prayer away.

Shalom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment