Feb 22, 2010

BNV is the truth!

This generation can clearly speak for itself

Breathtaking!

That's one of the ways I can describe what I witnessed on this HBO series. I thought Def Poetry was deep, but these kids took it to the next level. I can't recall a time where I've felt so many emotions in one siting. They truly are brave people for putting their hearts on paper. Being a fairly new member of this lyrical society, I learned a lot about myself as an individual and a poet. When it comes to feelings and matters of the heart, my paper echoes my voice. It really shows me that there a thousands of people on this earth who feel what I feel and see what I see and motivates me to keep writing even when I don't feel like it.  As I was watching an episode today with one of my best friends, we both looked at each other and said: "I need to write". So I did, and will continue to do so until the muscles in my finger and throat are depleted. 

''Maybe it's time I became the solution that I've envisioned'' - Me

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment